At Responsible Lending we are looking for an Underwriter to join our city centre based team. We specialise in providing equity release mortgages and can offer the opportunity to develop your career within financial services.
You will join our team of highly skilled Underwriters who are responsible for assessing and investigating mortgage loan application requests that come through from our team of Financial Advisors.
As an Underwriter, you will have a keen eye for detail and will be checking and verifying the information in all applications, cross referencing details across multiple systems and document sources to ensure that you make the correct decision on the application.
We will help you to become an expert on the products that we have available and the compliance and regulatory procedures that must be followed so that you confidently accept or decline requests, but ideally you will have had experience within a regulated environment previously.
Key Responsibilities for the Underwriter:
- Review loan applications received through the three key stages: pre-valuation, post-valuation, pre-completion – following all key checks and tasks before signing off
- Review decision in principle applications, assessing whether to proceed or decline with these in line with lending policies
- Ensure compliance with all internal procedures and key regulatory rules at each stage of application (FCA, Data Protection Act)
- Complete all administrative duties relating to your case accurately (letter writing, document updating, emails to customers etc.)
- Investigate the authenticity of information provided on applications using a variety of systems and sources (i.e. Land Registry Portal, Experian, Enact, SharePoint)
- Keep up to date with internal training and e-learning, as well as being pro-active in your own personal development
Skills Required for the Underwriter:
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- Excellent eye for detail
- Strong administrative skills and experience
- An inquisitive mind, to investigate and check information
- Experience using multiple systems (ideally those listed above)
- Minimum grade C GCSE level Maths and English
If you have the relevant skills and are looking for a new challenge please apply with your CV or forward your details to our Talent Acquisition Manager Charlotte at firstname.lastname@example.org