VACANCY! FINANCE ASSISTANT
The Responsible Group is at an exciting point in its evolution. Having recently received investment from a major financial institution, we’re poised for significant growth over the next 3-5 years.
We specialise in providing equity release mortgages and can offer the opportunity for you to develop your career within financial services.
This new, full-time role has been identified to ensure our Finance team is well-positioned to provide support across the Group as we embark on this ambitious journey.
Based in a spacious and modern office in the heart of Plymouth city centre, in addition to the salary on offer, we also provide pension and healthcare benefits.
We’re looking for a hard-working, well-organised person to join our team and take responsibility for the following areas, among others:
- Purchase ledger processing incorporating;
- Ensuring the purchase ledger is kept up to date and accurately reflects our supplier liabilities
- Managing fortnightly supplier payment runs and liaising with the Group’s key budget holders for invoice approvals
- Quarterly Supplier reconciliations – liaising with suppliers to resolve queries
- Sales ledger processing incl. posting receipts from customers to ensure the sales ledger accurately reflects amounts due from our customers
- Assist with month end management accounts preparation and journal posting including;
- Managing the business’ various cashbooks and reconciling to the accounting systems on a weekly basis
- Managing the groups corporate cards and reconciling to the accounting system monthly
- Managing the staff expenses process
- Managing any general queries within the departments shared Outlook inbox
- Assisting the Finance team and wider business with any ad-hoc requests
This is an amazing opportunity to join a fun, friendly and supportive team, with huge opportunity for learning and future progression. Previous experience working in a busy Accounts team is essential to be considered for this role.
Experience, Attributes & Qualifications:
- Experience within a similar role (Essential)
- Good organisational skills (Essential)
- A good understanding of double entry accounting (Essential)
- Knowledge of Sage & Microsoft Dynamics or other accountancy package (Desirable)
- Experience in the preparation of Management Accounts (Desirable)
- Microsoft Excel skills – including use of lookups and Pivot Tables (Essential)
If you feel that you have the relevant experience and are looking for a new challenge, please apply with your full CV or contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist Jenn at firstname.lastname@example.org